How long do I wait to eat after drinking water for acid reflux?
Working out how long to wait to eat after drinking water for acid reflux will vary from person to person. The general consensus however is that it is important to drink water regularly and slowly throughout the day and not in big gulps.
The average time most people wait before eating after drinking water is 30 minutes.
This is by no means a magical number and should not be followed 100% but this will give you a good guide to work from. You may find yourself needing to stop drinking water earlier or even later.
Do you have any guidelines that you would use? Let us know what works for you in the comments below!
- What is acid reflux or gerd?
- Is Acid Reflux a Physical Condition?
- What foods should I avoid if I have Acid Reflux?
- Is Acid Reflux Heartburn or is it more serious?
- What is Chronic Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Is Acid Reflux Just Indigestion?
- What is an Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow?
- Diet and Lifestyle Changes – How they affect Acid Reflux